Online Application for Open Burning Permits For Williamstown
Permits are only issued between 8:30 AM and 12:00 PM.
Permits are only issued ON THE DAY that you wish to burn.
No permits are issued IN ADVANCE due to the potential for changing weather
Massachusetts allows residents to burn brush between January 15 and May 1,
depending on weather conditions. You must obtain permission from the town in
which you plan to burn brush.
To Obtain an Online Permit Go to: www.bcburnpermits.com
If you do not have online access, please call 413-458-5695. Permit availability on a
given day will depend on weather conditions.
- You may only burn BRUSH! All other materials are illegal. No leaves, grass, hay, stumps, building debris or any other materials are allowed to be burned.
- All open burning must be a minimum of 75 feet from buildings or structures.
- Burning will be allowed to start at 10:00am and must be extinguished by 4pm.
- Any open fire must be attended at all times by the permit holder.
- No person shall set, maintain or increase a fire in open air at any time except by permission.
- You must be 18 years or older to apply for a permit and/or set, maintain or increase a fire once permission has been granted by the Fire Department.
- You must have an appropriate means to extinguish an open air fire completely at the end of the day or if requested by the Fire Department.
- The Fire Department can refuse or cancel a permit at any time. (Example: Violation of permit regulations, or change in weather conditions.)
- Open burning season is January 15 – May 1.
- Massachusetts Regulation 310 CMR: DEP 7.07 “Open Burning”
- More information from the Massachusetts DEP.